Part 1: CLASSIFY THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS AS TRUE OR FALSE:
1. In any polynomial function, the y intercept is the same as the constant term.
2. A function can have more than one y intercept.
3. To find the y intercept when given the function rule you have to solve the equation f(x) = 0.
4. A graph intersecting the y axis in 2 points represent a relation.
5. The function y = 5 does not have any x intercepts.
Part 2: CHECK THE CORRECT ANSWER FOR EACH OF THE FOLLOWING MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS.
6. The graph shows the function y =g(x), where g(x) represents a transformation of f(x) = x2.
Based on the graph, what is the equation of g(x) ?
A: (x-2)2 -1
B: (x-2)2 +1
C: -(x-2)2 +1
D: -(x+2)2 +1
7. Which of the following 3 images represent a function?
8. The graph shows part of a function f.
What is most likely the range of the function?
A: All real numbers.
B: All real numbers greater than zero
C: All real numbers less than or equal to five
D: All real numbers between 2 and 5
9. Which of the following represents a function?.
10. The graph of s(x) = x2 +6x +9 is translated to produce the graph of t(x), where t(x) is x2 +6x +15.
Which is a correct description of the translation?
1. Vertical shift 6 units down.
2. Vertical shift 6 units up.
3. Horizontal shift 6 units to the left.
4. Horizontal shift 6 units to the right.
The following table describes two functions, g(x) and f(x).
Answer the following questions:
11. The y intercept for g(x) is:
12. One of the x intercepts of f(x) is:
13. The maximum value of the range of f(x) is:
14. The following diagram shows the graph of h(t), a function that models the height in feet of a rocket,
t seconds after it was launched in the air.
The domain of the function is: (0, )
15. The following table shows a table of values for f(x) = -x2 + 2x +3.
|y||a||b = ?||3||d||e|
The value of b is: