These are the graphs of the functions f(x) and g(x).
Answer the 3 true/false questions on Part 1.
PART 1: TRUE OR FALSE QUESTIONS:
1. For x < 2, the value of f(x) is greater than the value of g(x).
2. The y intercept for f(x) is greater than the y intercept for g(x).
3. Function f(x) does not have a x intercept.
PART 2: MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS.
4. Which of the following is the graph of the function (x+3)(x-1)?.F. G. H. J.
5. Given the function f(x) =x2 -36, which of the following
statements is true?.
1. The only zero, 6, can be found when 0 = (x-6)(x-6).
2. The only zero, 18, can be found when 0 = (x-18)(x-18).
3. The zeros, 6 and -6, can be found when 0 = (x+6)(x-6).
4. The zeros, 18, -18, are found when 0 = (x+18)(x-18).
PART 3: OPEN-ENDED QUESTIONS.
The following table describes the quadratic function f(x).
Answer the following questions:
6. The y intercept for f(x) is:
7. Given that 3 is the solution of f(x) = 0, what is the value of the other x intercept?: